I love trying new recipes, I’m sure you’ve picked up on that. But sometimes I am supremely lazy, and I only want to do something that takes around 5 minutes to prepare. My recipe book is full of these, but I’m a bit of a snob when it comes to reptition.
Much like in my London days when I used to buy cheap clubbing dresses which I only wore once (oh the shame of being such a spoiled brat), I prefer to complete a successful recipe once and then move onto the next one, no matter how delicious it is. Is this because I am a creative being with a life purpose to educate and share with people my health journey? Or is it simply because I am a product of my rarely satisfied generation of excess, devouring every option in my path instead of settling down contentedly with one? Probably the latter, but if it gets more recipes out there then hey ho!
This one is super easy and really does take 5 minutes to make.
I use peanut butter a lot in my recipes. It’s a great source of healthy fats, provided you eat it sparingly and you use a brand that is made of peanuts and nothing else – no added sugar, salt or oils. Nature’s Choice Crunchy is my preference.
No-bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars
- 2 cups dry rolled oats
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (or other nut butter of choice)
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1-2 tbsp protein powder (or ground flax, or you can just omit altogether)
- 2 tbsp soaked chia seeds (or leave this out and just use powder of choice above)
1. Melt the peanut butter and honey on the stove so it’s nice and sticky.
2. Remove from heat, add all other ingredients and mix well.
3. Cut into bars/squares, and top with homemade lemon curd (recipe on my facebook page)