This banana muffin recipe is quick, healthy and super fudgy. Don’t make if your pastry dream includes light, airy muffins twinkle-toeing through fluffy clouds. All you’ll be left with is a batch of small boulders and a broken heart.
But if you like banana and you like fudge, then these are for you. Did I mention how fudgy they are?
Monkey see, monkey eat as pre-workout snack (cos monkeys, bananas….no?).
These babies are gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free and refined sugar-free. Or as Mark likes to call them, fun-free. Whatevs. Because fudge.
Fudgy Banana Muffins
- 1/2 cup rolled oats blitzed to flour in a blender
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 medium mashed over-ripe bananas
- 1 can chick peas, drained
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey or 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Optional handful mini chocolate chips, crushed walnuts, shredded coconut, etc
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a muffin pan.
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse extremely well, then pat dry. This gets rid of the chickpea flavour.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth in a blender or food processor.
- Spoon into the muffin cups – don’t overfill.
- Bake for 15 minutes. They will look underdone – let them sit 20 minutes and they will firm up. (You can also bake them for less time and refrigerate overnight so the texture is still a little underdone the next day. More fudge.
- Store for up to 1 week in the fridge.